MOGOLLON AIRPARK (AZ82) RUNWAY 21 WEBCAM
Click Below for Time Lapse Videos
Last 10 Hours | Last 5 Days
Webcam and time lapse videos courtesy of Dennis Collins.
Mogollon Airpark needs an office manager, details below.
EAA Chapter 1044 Receives Chamber Donation
Christmas came a little early to Mogollon Airpark’s EAA Chapter 1044. This week they were presented with a check from the Heber-Overgaard Chamber of Commerce.
Funds raised during the Tall Pines Raffle were distributed to numerous area organizations as part of the Chamber’s “Share With The Community Project.” Our local EAA Chapter was selected as one of the lucky recipients. This donation will enable the Chapter to send a second area youth to the EAA Air Academy Summer Camp in July of 2016. Applications are being accepted until January 25, 2016. More information and the application can be found on the EAA Chapter 1044 website.
A BIG Thank You goes out to the Heber-Overgaard Chamber of Commerce!
Just a reminder that on December 19, 2015 the Mogollon Airpark, Inc. Homeowners Association Board of Directors will conduct an Executive Session to consider how to resolve certain legal issues with regard to our CC&Rs. An Executive Session is a closed Board meeting, not open to the membership-at-large.
While we, as HOA members, are not allowed to attend the meeting, if the Board makes decisions, the Board is required to disclose and discuss those decisions with the members. I emailed the Board, upon advice of our Attorney, on November 30 requesting the Board conduct an Open Board Meeting following the Executive Session to do so.
As of noon today, December 15, we have had no announcement of an Open Meeting. So, I have scheduled a conversation with our attorney to discuss our options, and will proceed accordingly.
First Edition of “The Mogollon Flyer” Well Received
The first edition of our newsletter, The Mogollon Flyer, is generating some very positive feedback from homeowners. Be sure to click here to take a look if you have not had the opportunity. Thanks to everyone for your comments…
- Your hard work shows. Awesome job with some very interesting articles. Just skimmed it today, but I’ll keep it in my inbox to read later!! Thanks for sending it and even greater thanks for working so hard to make it happen. You are AWESOME!
- I am really impressed how tastefully and well presented the first newsletter is and that it touched all the key points currently facing the Airpark. Thanks for taking the time to do all this work and hopefully thereby changing the direction the airpark is heading in for the better.
- Congratulations on a fantastic job! You are truly appreciated!
- Nicely done!
- Great job on the newsletter. It had just the right tone, and is so positive. Thanks so much for all your hard work!
- Are you the editor of the Mogollon Flyer? I looked for your name, and maybe I missed it. Anyway, that’s seriously great work. The best thing to happen to this joint in years. I think it would be good to e-mail that to the entire airpark. Posting on FB and other places is great to expand the outreach to non-owners, but owners should see that in their inbox.
Just Out… “The Mogollon Flyer”
Be sure to check out the December 2015 edition of “The Mogollon Flyer.” This newsletter is an independent publication of the Mogollon Owners & Pilots Association serving Mogollon Airpark homeowners. The newsletter will feature resident stories, events happening around the airpark and the community, and a summary of the board meetings, along with other articles of interest. A great big thank you to Michele Weninger and Ellen Randoll for all their hard work in creating this publication. You can read the first edition by clicking HERE.
Potomac Aviation Alive and Well
Potomac Aviation, the manufacturer of our airpark SuperAWOS, announces their MicroTower. Read more…
Airpark resident and APA and RAF member Kevin Pettiette shared with us the following letter from Mark Spencer about recent efforts to preserve the asphalt at the Grapevine Airstrip. Mark is Vice President of the Arizona Pilots Association and AZ Liaison & Public Lands Director for the Recreational Aviation Foundation.
Pilots Bill of Rights 2 Update – Closer than Ever
The Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation has reviewed S.571, better known as the Pilot’s Bill of Rights 2, and passed an amendment offered by Sen. Joe Manchin (D-W.Va.), bringing third class medical reform one step closer to reality. A full committee vote on the amended legislation was temporarily deferred as a result of scheduling conflicts.
You can learn more about PBOR2 by reading AOPA’s Medical Reform Q&A.